Fragrance Scent Concentrations - Perfumes and Fragrance Directory
Perfume concentrations and fragrance gloassary.
Perfume / Parfum / Extrait
- Perfume contains the strongest scent to alcohol concentration 20-30%, resulting in the more intense fragrance form.
Eau de Parfum (EDP)
- Eau de Parfum is a lower scent concentration than Parfum, with generally 15-20% fragrance oil or essential oil concentration.
Eau de Toilette (EDT)
- Eau de Toilette contains a lower perfume concentration than Eau de Parfum, with about 5-15% fragrance or essential oils. The result is a more subtle scent than an original fragrance blend found in perfumes.
Eau de Cologne / Cologne
- Colognes contain a concentration of generally 2-5% of the essential oils or fragrance components in the blend. Cologne sprays can therefore be used more generously than all other perfume concentrations.
Splash / Mist / Eau Fraiche
- Splashes are the least concentrated fragrance form and contain generally 1-3% of the fragrance or essential oils in the fragrance compound.
- After-shave fragrances are formulated with moisturizers to act as skin treatments, or alcohol as a toning and cooling astringent.
Top of Page